Welcome to Penn State Worthington Scranton!
Congratulations on your offer of admission to Penn State University!
Here is a review of the steps you'll take to becoming a student at Penn State Worthington Scranton, beginning with when you are offered admission.
Attend New Accepted Student Program
Come to campus and meet faculty, staff and fellow students at the new accepted student program on March 22, 2015 or April 12, 2015.
Accept Your Offer of Admission. Pay Your Enrollment Fee.
New first-year students First-year students are defined as those with less than 18 college credits.
- Accept the offer of admission
- Pay the non-refundable $230 enrollment fee to get the advising and scheduling process started. Enrollment fees can be paid in the Finance Office in Dawson 8 or online in your My Penn State account.
New transfer students with 18 or more credits at another institution are considered advanced standing students.
- Transfer students are required to pay a $230 enrollment fee to initiate enrollment.
- Enrollment fees can be paid in the Finance Office in Dawson 8.
Re-enrolling students that have attended Penn State in the past and are returning to complete a degree after a period of interruption
- Complete a re-enrollment form in the Registrar's office in Dawson 6.
- Pay the $20 fee to re-enroll and you may need to replenish your $100 enrollment fee in your student account. For more information about re-enrollment, please visit the re-enrollment web site.
Once you have paid your enrollment fee, you may be required to take an online placement test. If a placement test is required, you will receive a postcard with the web address and access code for the test.
Make Arrangements for Off-campus Housing if needed
For assistance with finding off-campus housing, you can review the off-campus housing webpage
Take the Educational Planning Survey and Online Placement Tests
- After you accept your offer from Penn State and pay your acceptance fee, you will receive instructions (via postcard or email) to complete your Educational Planning Survey (EPS) and online placement tests. Watch for this communication. It contains critical information about your personalize New Student Orientation (NSO) timeline!
- Complete your Educational Planning Survey (EPS) and placement tests. (Late March) The Educational Planning survey will help us help you when you visit campus for your orientation.
- Complete your Placement Test These test results will help you choose appropriate courses for your first semester. Take this test online from any location with Internet access.
- Register for New Student Orientation
- (April - June) Complete some assignments to prepare for your orientation visit.
- Transfer and re-enrolling students will receive a registration packet in the mail with details about getting scheduled and completing registration. Visit the Worthington Scranton registrar site for more information.
Attend New Student Orientation
- You will visit your campus for orientation to meet with campus personnel, discuss academic choices, learn about student life, and schedule courses. Spring 2015 Orientation dates are December 18 and January 8.
Re-enrolling and Transfer Students: Schedule Your Courses
Re-enrolling and Transfer students are not required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Upon receipt of your enrollment fee, transfer and re-enrolling students will receive a packet of information from the Registrar with your advisor assignment, course scheduling and registration instructions, and other important information for completing the enrollment process.
- For more information, please go to the Registrar home page.
Pay Your Bill. Complete any Financial Aid Requirements.
Once you have scheduled your classes, the University will email your semester bill notification to your Penn State email address (which you should have received during New Student Orientation or prior to scheduling classes).
- You may also need to e-sign your Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note. Your eBill and loan information can be accessed in eLION.
- Please remember that Penn State will NOT send you a paper bill. You will only receive your bill via email or elion. Be sure your email account is active and that you can access it. If you have problems with accessing your email or eLion, please call the IT Support Center at 570-963-2551 or stop by Dawson 116 to get help.
- Questions about your bill may be directed to the Penn State Worthington Scranton Finance Office in Dawson 8 at 570-963-2514.
- Questions about financial aid may be directed to our financial aid coordinator in SLC 21 at 570-963-2690.
Attend Convocation & Welcome Program
- The New Student Welcome program will help you get a jump start on your classes by giving you the skills and resources needed for success. Learn more about New Student Welcome .
- Start off the semester right by attending Penn State Worthington Scranton's Convocation and Welcome program.
- Depending on your major, you may be invited to specialized programs for your program of study.
Medical Entrance Requirements for New Students
Spring 2015 Semester Classes Start January 12, 2015
Important events and dates for students can be found on our event calendar.