Welcome to Penn State Worthington Scranton!
Congratulations on your offer of admission to Penn State University!
Here is a review of the steps you'll take to becoming a student at Penn State Worthington Scranton, beginning with when you are offered admission.
Attend New Accepted Student Program
Accept Your Offer of Admission by May 1, 2015. Pay Your Enrollment Fee.
- Accept the offer of admission by logging into your MyPennState account
- Pay your $230 enrollment fee online through your MyPennState account or come to campus and pay in the Finance Office in Dawson 8 to get the advising and scheduling process started.
Take the Educational Planning Survey and ALEKS Placement TestAfter you accept your offer from Penn State and pay your acceptance fee, you will receive instructions (via email) to complete your Educational Planning Survey (EPS) and Assessment and Learning in Knowledge Spaces (ALEKS) placement test.
- Complete your Educational Planning Survey (EPS) (Late March) The Educational Planning survey will help us help you when you visit campus for your orientation.
- Complete your ALEKS Placement Test These test results will help you choose appropriate courses for your first semester. Take this test online from any location with Internet access. Depending on the results of this placement test, you may be eligible for the Summer Bridge Program.
- Register for New Student Orientation
- (April - June) Complete some assignments to prepare for your orientation visit.
- Transfer and re-enrolling students will receive a registration packet in the mail with details about getting scheduled and completing registration. Visit the Worthington Scranton registrar site for more information.
Attend New Student OrientationYou will visit your campus for new student orientation (NSO) to meet with campus personnel, discuss academic choices, learn about student life, and schedule courses.
Make Arrangements for Off-campus Housing if needed
Penn State Worthington Scranton does not have on-campus housing. For assistance with finding off-campus housing, you can review the off-campus housing webpage
Re-enrolling and Transfer Students: Meet with your Academic Adviser
Re-enrolling and Transfer students are not required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Upon receipt of your enrollment fee, transfer and re-enrolling students will receive a packet of information from the Registrar with your adviser assignment, course scheduling and registration instructions, and other important information for completing the enrollment process.
- For more information, please go to the Registrar home page.
Pay Your Bill. Complete any Financial Aid Requirements.
Once you have scheduled your classes, the University will email your semester bill notification to your Penn State email address (which you should have received during New Student Orientation or prior to scheduling classes).
- Complete your loan entrance counseling at the Federal Student Aid website and e-sign your Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note. Your eBill and loan information can be accessed in eLION.
- Please remember that Penn State will NOT send you a paper bill. You will only receive your bill via email or elion. Be sure your email account is active and that you can access it. If you have problems with accessing your email or eLion, please call the IT Support Center at 570-963-2551 or stop by Dawson 116 to get help.
- Questions about your bill may be directed to the Penn State Worthington Scranton Finance Office in Dawson 8 at 570-963-2514.
- Questions about financial aid may be directed to our financial aid coordinator in SLC 21 at 570-963-2690.
New Student & Family Welcome Program
- Start off the semester right by attending Penn State Worthington Scranton's Convocation and Welcome program on August 20, 2015 at 6pm.
- Depending on your major, you may be invited to specialized programs for your program of study.
Medical Entrance Requirements for New Students
Fall 2015 Semester Classes Start August 24, 2015
Important events and dates for students can be found on our event calendar.