Penn State Worthington Scranton's Health and Wellness Center assists in maintaining and promoting student health. A Registered Nurse is available August through May to provide basic health care and first aid, and provides wellness programming.
Scranton Counseling Center provides professional counseling services to students on a weekly basis during our Fall and Spring semesters. Physicians Health Alliance provides a physician on campus by appointment on Thursday mornings bi-weekly. These on-campus services are covered by student tuition. Students requiring further medical care are referred to the appropriate off-campus facility.
Please use the links on the right side of this page for helpful information. You may also call Student Affairs at (570) 963-2690 May through August while Nurse Jill is not on campus.
Resources to help victims of sexual assault
- Women's Resource Center hotline (570) 346-4671 24 hours/day wrcnepa.org this includes the Rape Crisis Center
- Dunmore Police (570) 344-0851
- Geisinger Community Medical Center (570) 969-8000
- Regional Hospital of Scranton (570) 348-7951
- Commonwealth Health (Moses Taylor Hospital) (570) 340-2900
- Affirmative Action office at University Park http://www.psu.edu/dept/aaoffice/shrp.htm