The Study Learning Center (First Floor)
Phone: 570.963.2555 Campus Security telelphone dial 2555 or "0".
Security and Safety Services main functions are to provide safety to all individuals on campus, and security to the campus facilities. Safety and Security is also responsible for LOST & FOUND. Any item found should be brought to the Safety & Security office. Items can be claimed through identification. Any item that is not claimed will be disposed in accordance with University policies.
If there is an emergency on campus first call 911 and then call the Campus Security and state your emergency.
There are three emergency blue phones on campus for emergency use only and are directly linked with the Campus Security. They are located in Lot #2 by the walkway to the Dawson Building; behind the Library on patio; and parking Lot #4 at beginning of walkway. If for any reason you need to contact Campus Security from these locations, all you need to do is to press the red button on these phones and talk into the speaker. See our parking map,
During the day, evening and night time hours, security personnel patrol the entire campus including all buildings, parking lots and grounds.
Security & Safety provide escort service for people requesting it.
Security and Safety issues parking decals to Faculty/Staff and Students who bring their vehicles on campus. There is no charge to park on campus. Parking citations are issued to all violators in all parking lots, who are in violation of parking regulations. Parking violation revenue is turned over to the Student Government Association (SGA) which supports their activities.
Additional Local Resources Available
The following resources are available for faculty, staff, students and others to report any suspected illegal or unethical conduct, or to seek assistance:
Fire, Ambulance, Police: 911
Medical and Police Assistance
- Ambulance: 911
Local Police (Dunmore): 911 or 570-343-0851
Geisinger- Community Medical Center 570-969-8000
Regional Hospital of Scranton 570-348-7951
Commonwealth Health -- Moses Taylor Hospital: 570-340-2900
Rape Crisis Center 570-346-4671
Women's Resource Center 570-346-4460
- Campus Safety and Security: 570-963-2555
Personal Counseling: 570-963-2681
- Campus Nurse: 570-963-2681
- Center for Women Students
- Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Hotline: 800-550-7575 (TTY 866-714-7177) A new hotline has been established for victims and observers of sexual assault and relationship violence. Trained counselors on the hotline will help students access appropriate resources. Penn State students from any campus can call 1-800-550-7575 (TTY 866-714-7177) to access the 24 hour a day, seven day a week hotline.
- Behavioral Threat Management Team at: 1-855-863-BTMT (2868) or 814-863-BTMT (2868) or email@example.com
Community Resources and Hotlines
- Women's Resource Center: 570-346-4460 (Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Hotline 24 hours/day)
- Moses Taylor Hospital Worklife & Counseling Services: 570-340-2147
- Attorney General Hotline: 814-863-1053
- Pennsylvania State Police: 814-470-2238
- National Domestic Violence Hotline or telephone: 800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN) or telephone: 800-656-4673
- Ethics and Compliance Hotline or telephone: 800-560-1637
All members of the Penn State community are asked to be mindful of their individual responsibility to help keep the University a safe and ethical institution. The University does not condone wrongful conduct by any member of the Penn State community no matter what his or her position is. Members of the University community are urged to speak up if they see or suspect illegal or unethical conduct, and to be assured that the University will protect them from retaliation.