2013-14 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
New First-Year Students
- You are considered a first-year student if you have attempted less than 18 college credits
- First-year students will register for classes during the advising day campus visit portion of New Student Orientation.
- Students are informed about New Student Orientation once Penn State receives your $200 Enrollment Fee. You will take an Educational Planning Survey and Placement Tests, then register for a New Student Orientation date to visit campus.
New Transfer Students
- You are considered a transfer (advanced standing) student if you have attempted 18 or more college credits.
- Transfer students are sent a Registration Information packet from the Campus Registrar’s Office after Penn State receives your $200 Enrollment Fee. See Resources For New Students below.
- Former degree-seeking students who wish to return to the University after a period of interruption in their enrollment may request Re-enrollment by completing and submitting a Re-enrollment Form and the $20 Re-enrollment Fee to the Campus Registrar’s Office.
- Once your Re-enrollment Request has been reviewed and finalized, you will be mailed a Re-enrollment Confirmation letter along with a Registration Information packet containing Resources For New Students below.
- Access a Degree Audit for your intended major on eLION
- Review the Schedule of Courses
- Meet with your academic adviser and plan your course schedule
- Access the Registration Timetable to identify your first day to schedule
- Schedule your courses on eLION using the Registration application or in person in the Campus Registrar’s Office using a Registration Drop/Add Form
- Complete your registration by taking action on your eBill in eLion (Bursar Tuition Bills link)
Undergraduate Non-degree Students
- Students who wish to register for the first time as an undergraduate non-degree student must complete an Undergraduate Non-degree Enrollment Form and a Registration Drop/Add Form and submit them to the Registrar's Office, Dawson 6.
- Non-degree students may schedule classes on a space-available basis after degree students and provisional students have been accommodated.
- Enrollment as a non-degree student does not imply admission to the University.
- Students in non-degree status are not eligible for financial aid.
RESOURCES FOR NEW STUDENTS
• New Student Checklist
• Academic Adviser Assignment
• Degree Audit
• Schedule of Courses
• Registration Drop/Add Form
• PSU id+ Card and Access Account Information
• Transfer Course Evaluation Guide
COMPLETING YOUR REGISTRATION
Registration is not complete until payment of tuition and fees or confirmation of registration electronically (when all charges will be covered by Financial Aid).
• Students receive an email when the eBill is available on eLion (after classes have been scheduled)
• Registration is complete upon the appropriate action taken on the eBill by the bill due date
• Additional details are available at the Bursar website or in the Campus Finance Office, Dawson 8
CAMPUS REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
Dawson Building Room 6
Phone: (570) 963-2505
Fax: (570) 963-2524
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am to 5 pm
|Intent to Graduate - Activation Period||Aug 12-Sept 9||Jan 2-27|
|Leave of Absence - Deadline||Aug 23||Jan 10|
|Student Registration - Deadline||Aug 25||Jan 12|
|Classes Begin||Aug 26||Jan 13|
|Labor Day Holiday - NO CLASSES||Sept 2||N/A|
|Martin Luther King Day - NO CLASSES||N/A||Jan 20|
|Regular Drop - Deadline*||
|Regular Add - Deadline*||
8 a.m. Sept 5
|8 a.m. Jan 23|
|Late Drop Begins*||Sept 5||Jan 23|
|Late Registration Begins*||Sept 6||Jan 24|
|Spring Break - NO CLASSES||N/A|| Mar 9-15
|Late Drop - Deadline*||Nov 15||Apr 11|
|Declare a Minor Deadline
|Thanksgiving Holiday - NO CLASSES||Nov 24 - 30||N/A|
|Withdraw Deadline||Dec 13||May 2|
|Classes End||Dec 13||May 2|
|Final Exams||Dec 16 - 20||May 5 - 9|
|Commencement||May 9||May 9|
*These dates apply to full semester courses. Refer to eLion "Course Drop Dates" application for further information. Starting with the first day of the class, a tuition penalty may be charged if the course is dropped.
Summer 2014 Calendar
Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm
Ph: (570) 963-2505
Fax: (570) 963-2524